This CURRICULUM AND CONTENT LICENSING AGREEMENT (the "Agreement") is made and entered into by and between Beauties, a Colorado nonprofit corporation, and
Terms of Agreement
NOW THEREFORE, for and in consideration of the payments, acknowledgments, mutual promises and covenants contained herein by the Parties, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the Parties hereto agree as follows:
iii. The Beauties Kickoff Launch Event Info Guide
Agreement shall be construed to relinquish, waive, or disclaim any of Beauties’ rights, interests, or ownership of any materials or proprietary information, including but not limited to the Licensed Content.
License to Use Licensed Content. In exchange for a license fee of $0 and other good and sufficient consideration, Beauties grants to Licensee a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Licensed Content for the period of one (1) year, to expire one (1) year from:
No omissions, additions, or changes shall be made to any Licensed Content without prior written approval of Beauties. As part of this license, Licensee shall have the right to download, duplicate, and print any Licensed Content for use that is permitted by this Agreement. Licensee shall access all Licensed Content through Licensee’s online account with Beauties. Beauties shall have the right to modify, alter, or change any Licensed Content during the duration of the License.
this Agreement by the Licensee, including, but not limited to a failure to use the Licensed Content in a manner consistent with Beauties Values and Principles, shall give Beauties the right to immediately revoke the license of the Licensed Content. Upon such revocation, Licensee shall forfeit all right to use any Licensed Content and shall desist from using the Beauties name, programming, curriculum, or materials in the operation of any small group or similar program.
10.Disclaimer of Agency and Employment. In making and executing this Agreement, the Parties expressly disclaim any agency relationship between Beauties and Licensee. Licensee agrees and acknowledges that Licensee is not an employee, agent, or volunteer of Beauties, nor shall Licensee ever represent or imply that Licensee is in any way an employee, agent, or volunteer of Beauties.
Licensee acknowledges and agrees that Beauties does not provide any advice, counsel, training, instruction, or resources as to the implementation of any Child Protection Measures and that Licensee is solely responsible for implementing
any and all Child Protection Measures. Beauties expressly disclaims all warranties and/or guarantees that the Licensed Content in and of itself provides the necessary information or instruction for implementing any Child Protection Measures for a Beauties Small Group Program or Beauties Activities. Licensee further acknowledges and agrees that, notwithstanding Licensee’s compliance or non-compliance with implementing any Child Protection Measures, that Beauties shall not be liable for any claims or losses arising from any injury, abuse, or neglect of anyone participating in a Beauties Small Group Program or Beauties Activities.
12.Dispute Resolution. The Parties to this Agreement are Christians and believe that the Bible commands them to make every effort to live at peace and to resolve disputes with each other in private or within the Christian church (see Matthew 18:15-20; 1 Corinthians 6:1-8). The provisions of this paragraph shall apply to all disputes arising from or related to this Agreement:
prevent the misappropriation or disclosure of confidential information and/or trade secrets, or the dilution or infringement of any intellectual property rights. Any such action brought for these limited purposes of obtaining injunctive relief shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Colorado, which shall be the sole and exclusive forum for such actions. The Parties hereby consent to the selection of judicial forum and to personal jurisdiction and proper venue in the State of Colorado. Nothing in this Paragraph 12 shall be construed to permit a Party to bring any claim or action for declaratory judgment, specific performance, civil damages of any kind, or any other legal or equitable remedy not expressly described herein.
13.Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado.
14.Binding Effect. All of the terms, covenants, warranties and representations contained herein shall be binding upon the Parties, and their respective heirs, assigns, successors, to the full extent permitted by law. Failure of any party to exercise its rights under this Agreement shall not in any way be construed as a waiver or prevent either party from thereafter enforcing the terms and conditions herein.
15.Complete Agreement, Modification. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes all prior agreements, oral or otherwise, with respect to the subject matter hereof. Neither the Agreement nor any term hereof may be changed, waived, discharged or terminated orally, except by an instrument in writing signed by the party against which enforcement of the change, waiver, discharge or termination is sought.
16.Headings, Gender and Singular. The headings in this Agreement are for purposes of reference only and shall not limit or otherwise affect the meaning hereof. Unless the context otherwise requires, references in this Agreement to
any gender shall be construed to include all other genders, references in the singular shall be construed to include the plural, and references in the plural shall be construed to include the singular.
17.Opportunity to Consider and Confer. Licensee expressly warrants and represents that before accepting the terms of this Agreement, Licensee had fully informed itself of the terms, contents, conditions and effects thereof; that in making this Agreement that it had the opportunity to seek the advice of counsel of their own choosing; that no promises or representations of any kind were made to it except as expressly stated in this Agreement; that Licensee fully understands and is in complete agreement with all terms of this Agreement; and that Licensee is entering into the Agreement of their own free will. Licensee further expressly warrants and represents that it has relied solely and completely on its own judgment and the advice of counsel in making and executing this Agreement and that it has not relied on any representation or statement not set forth in this Agreement.
18.Construction. This Agreement shall not be construed more strongly against any party regardless of who is responsible for its preparation.
19.Severability. If any clause or provision in this Agreement is found to be void, invalid, or unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions and clauses that shall remain in full force and effect.
20.Signing of Agreement. The Agreement is freely and voluntarily entered into by the Parties. The Parties acknowledge that they have read the Agreement prior to accepting and that they understand the words, terms, conditions and legal significance of this Agreement.
(Adapted from the Evangelical Council of Abuse Prevention)
TO PROVIDE A SAFE AND HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT THAT HELPS ADVANCE THE SPIRITUAL, INTELLECTUAL AND SOCIAL WELL-BEING OF OUR CHILDREN AND YOUTH, ALL YOUTH WORKERS (whether employees or volunteers) AFFIRM AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS: I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE CHILD PROTECTION POLICIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
1) I have read and understand the organization's recommended child protection policies as stated within the Child Safety Standards promulgated by the Evangelical Council for Abuse Prevention, and agree to comply with them, including the following requirements.
2) I will comply with the child safety best practices, directions, and supervision while implementing the Beauties curriculum and serving youth.
3) I will not act or behave in any way that jeopardizes the health and safety of a minor in my care.
4) As a leader implementing the Beauties curriculum, I will refrain from meeting alone with a minor except in an open area or space that is visible to others which includes but is not limited to private counseling, walks, being alone in a room or cabin, on car rides or any other excursion. I understand that at least one other adult must be present. The only exceptions are (a) with my own child, (b) in the case of an emergency, or (c) clear and unequivocal authorization from a child’s parent.
5) I will refrain from contacting a minor or allowing a minor to contact me through any form of
personal communication such as personal cell phone, landline, or social media and will inform
leadership if a minor contacts me utilizing one of these methods. The only exceptions are as stated in No. 4 above.
6) I will not offer or allow the use of tobacco, alcohol, incendiaries, matches, lighters, or other illegal substances by a minor in my care.
7) I will only allow prescription medication to be taken by the person prescribed and in the manner that it is prescribed.
8) I will be alert to potential safety risks and take action to prevent injury to minors. I agree to
document any accidents, injuries or reasonable suspicions of abuse and report accordingly,
consistent with applicable mandated reporter obligations.
9) I will not allow any type of harassment or bullying of another, whether in person, through social media, or otherwise. If I see any type of harassment taking place, I will seek to intervene in an appropriate way and immediately notify leadership of the issue.
10) I will not use any sexually charged language, profanity, or language drawing attention to people’s genitals, I will respect others and avoid any type of similarly inappropriate misconduct, which can include inappropriate or suggestive comments, gestures, or physical contact, written or social media communication.
11) I will respect the privacy of minors when they use restroom facilities, change clothes, or otherwise disrobe. In the case of minors that are too young to use the restroom on their own, I will help in a way that is most expedient and where I am visible to other adults. If bathing is necessary, I will ensure that I and other adults shower or change in a location separate from minors.
12) I will not show, discuss, or distribute any pornographic or indecent material to a minor, including but not limited to photographs, video, social media, or other media.
13) I will refrain from giving gifts of any kind (money, clothing, jewelry, books, etc.) prior to discussing it with leadership and, if leadership recommends doing so, seeking and receiving permission from the intended recipient’s parent/guardian.
14) I understand that I may be a Mandatory Reporter under applicable law. I therefore may be legally required to report any suspected sexual or physical abuse or neglect of a minor of which I witness or become aware, to government authorities such as a state children protection agency or the local police. I agree to comply with such requirements and to report such matters to supervisory personnel. I understand that any such internal reporting is in addition to legally required reporting to government authorities.
15) I agree to respect the confidentiality and privacy of minors, unless a Child, Youth, or Vulnerable Adult is in danger, in which case I will notify the police or other appropriate civil authority, as well as the leadership of the organization.
16) I understand that in the event that my personal conduct or behavior is deemed a violation of the child protection policies, I may be subject to the termination of my ability to serve and other adverse consequences.
17) I agree to follow all the directives of the policies, and comply with the information given in the leader resources.
Beauties is a faith-based non-profit organization, not associated with any particular denomination. We believe the following:
As one implementing the Beauties curriculum, will you agree to uphold the Beauties statement of faith in your Beauties leadership and small group instruction?
Occasionally, [Beauties] program activities may be photographed, videotaped, or audio taped for educational, publicity or fundraising purposes. Please indicate if you give permission to appear in videos, photos or audio recordings without compensation (e.g., as part of brochures, slideshows or program websites).
Please take a moment to review and finalize your form, hitting the "previous" button to make any changes.
Once you submit, you will receive an account activation email. You must click the link in your email to activate your account to gain access to your account.